The lawyers in our team have been at the forefront of the international arbitration world, working in various jurisdictions and on various types of disputes, especially arbitrations before ICSID, ICC and UNCITRAL under a variety of substantive laws.
Recent cases in which Stefan Dudas, our Arbitration specialist has acted include:
- An ICC arbitration seated in Paris between a Middle Eastern State and an Asian company in relation to a dispute arising out of a contract for the construction and exploitation of a solid waste management facility valued at over USD 500 million;
- An ICC arbitration seated in Paris between a Qatari company and the largest car manufacturers in the world over the termination of a distribution agreement, with an amount in dispute over USD 150 million;
- A dispute under the SCC Arbitration Rules concerning the construction of a power plant in Libya valued at over USD 400 million;
- Two ICC arbitrations seated in Paris between one of the largest Italian power company and a State-owned company in relation to a privatization agreement entailing the modernization of the national power grid in Romania. The total amount in dispute was over EUR 1.5 billion;
- A series of ICC arbitrations seated in Paris between one of the largest French companies specialized in construction and maintenance of transport infrastructure and a State-owned company, valued at over EUR 125 million concerning some of the largest infrastructure projects in Romania;
- An investment treaty dispute initiated by a Dutch investor under the ICSID Convention against Romania in relation to bankruptcy of one of the largest insurance companies in the CEE region valued at EUR 350 million;
- An investment treaty dispute between an Iranian investor and South Korea under the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules in relation to the privatization of a State-owned company valued at over USD 500 million.